Top 10 Kenya's Largest Towns by Population
Writerstake.com lists Kenya's largest towns by virtue of demographic size in 2018.Most of these towns turned out to be the major towns in their counties with three being Kenya's only cities.
1. Kenya's capital Nairobi has a population of approximately 3.375 million.
2. Regarded as the country's major tourism hub, Kenya's second largest city, that is Mombasa town, boasts a population of 1.2 million people.
3. Nakuru town comes in as the third with an estimated 307,990 Kenyans as residents.
4. Usain Gishu's capital Eldoret is fourth with 289,380 people and is Western Kenya's second most economically viable town.
5. This Western giant, Kisumu, which is a millennium city and Kenya's third city located on the Lake Victoria shores has a population of 1,068, 826 .
6. Thika is sixth with a population of 171, 430 and serves as Kiambu County's capital and main business hub.
7. The beautiful coastal town of Malindi that is decorated with tropical beaches and tourist resorts and hotels comes in 7th with a population of 162,712 people.
8. Trans Nzoia County’s Kitale town is eighth with a population of 106,187 people.
9. 9th is Garissa whose livestock based economy does well to support 119,696 people.
10. The tenth is Kakamega town which is Kakamega County’s major hub with a population of 91,768.