Registration and Application for Kenyan Government Tenders
Kenyan disabled persons, women and youth with business enterprises offering to supply goods and services among other products are granted an opportunity to do so through the Procurement Opportunities’ programmes in way of tenders. Contractors, subcontractors, micro-businesses, and joint ventures can also access the advertised tenders as documents.
The requirements for one to be eligible entail:
· One must be a legally registered business entity such as a limited company or others such as sole proprietorships.
· Three quarters of its members must constitute the youth, women and disabled persons.
· The enterprise's leadership must entirely consist of youth, disabled persons or women.
· Applicants' copy of Identity cards/Passports or one in the case of a sole proprietor.
The business registration certificates.
· VAT or PIN certificate
· The Kenya Revenue Authority Compliance Certificate for Tax.
· Letters or Certificates from authorized public bodies such as ERC(The Energy Regulation Commission) in cases where the enterprises are affiliate to them.
· Deeds for Partnership where partnerships are involved.
· MOAs or AOAs and CR12 where needed.
The registration process involves:
· Access www.agpo.go.ke and pick 'register'.
· An individual account is then created by following instructions given for account opening after which a link is sent to one's email.
· Open your email and access the link provided to facilitate registration completion.
· Access the AGPO system through the user page by using your email address and PIN or password. Follow this with registering your business by providing information asked for and attaching original copies of required documents.
· Finally, visit an AGPO correspondent at Huduma Centre, to finalize the process of application.
Contacts detail’s include:
Treasury’s Building 6TH Fr, Harambee-Ave
Tel: +25420 2252299/316433