HOW TO USE COCONUT OIL ON HAIR AND THE TIME TO USE IT
Coconut oil can make your hair dull, and look greasy when used in excess. Despite being light, coconut oil can weigh your hair down. For effective use of coconut, one should use coconut oil in small amounts where the small amounts are evenly distributed in the hair till it looks greasy. For best impacts effectiveness of coconut oil people should be applied at least three or four times a week. People who apply coconut oil find it being more effective when they use it directly to the scalp to ensure dryness of the hair. However , Coconut oil also results to irritation on some people while on others it causes blocking of the hair pores. Coconut oil is best used in little amounts especially when starting to use it.
4 Ways of using coconut oil for hair care
1. Coconut oil is used before washing to prevent the hair from soaking and getting touched by water thus preventing the hair from damage and also from the hair getting dry. People are urged to apply coconut oil for about 20-40 minutes before washing the hair thus concentrating of the roots of the hair.
2. Coconut oil is also used as conditioner-Coconut oil strengthens the hair roots and prevents them from damage. When using as a conditioner, you should use it in small quantities to make the hair soft and tender.
3. It is also used as in styling the hair. Coconut oil is preferably used due to its easy absorption by the hair pores thus eases the styling of the hair. However, make sure you apply in a damp hair.
4. It is also used in masking the hair-Coconut oil nourishes the hair due to the shiny appearance it gives to the hair and also softens the hair. Coconut oil should be washed of the head after about 3 or 4 hours or even leave it overnight to prevent it from drying or destroying the hair.
5. Coconut oil is also used as a pre-shampoo, where it softens the hair, it is also used for treating the hair and also styling.
Advantages of using coconut oil on hair;
• Coconut prevents protein loss in Hair-Chemical processes like dyeing and highlighting destroys the protein hair.
• Coconut oil has a high concentration for hair protein and also ability to penetrate in the hair roots. These limits the water absorbed in your hair which causes damage to the hair.