How to Quickly Apply For KRA Compliance Certificate
Before starting online KRA application for tax certificate, one has to make sure that KRA pin is in sync with the I-Tax Kenya system. If not , steps below should be followed in order to update to I-Tax;
1. Go into I-Tax portal.
2. Put your KRA pin that also acts as user identification then, click submit.
3. You will then receive a confirmation message accompanied by a link that prompts you to update to I-Tax.
4. New pages appear; where you are to fill your details that is your citizenship and taxpayer type[company ,individuals or NGO's].
5. Put your identification number [national ID for Kenyans, Alien identity number for non-Kenyans and the non-residents] , security stamp and date of birth. Ensure the details are correct , then submit.
6. I-Tax auto-populates your details in the system .Then it pursues personal details page update and It makes necessary changes. Ensure the email address provided is active since it’s the primary channel for communication between you and the KRA. 7. Obligation page remains the same as it was in the old system. In case you wants to change any data you have to visit the nearest KRA office. 8 .Select your source of income for instance, employment earning.
Procedures to Apply KRA Pin
1. Go to the KRA pin portal [I-Tax system].
2. The new pin registration using you details.
3. You will get the form for KRA pin application .Select taxpayer type and fill it either individual or non-individual.
4. Ensure the basic information and details are accurate.
5. On the taxpayer’s obligation details, put registration date to your selected tax obligation.
6. Indicate your source of income which can be rental income, employment income, business income among others.
7. Fill the agents’ details and submit your application.
8. Wait for verification.
9. The KRA pin certificate will be ready for download and printing.