Guide On How To Register KCB Online Banking
Ø This is one of the new established form in banking which is based all over the word. Credits to the innovators and creation of technology. The internet banking is one of the advanced methods in technology hence every person should try in joining the online banking this is by moving your bank account to internet direction.
Ø The best thing about technology is that it is easy and simple to use.
About KCB Bank
Ø KCB is a commercial bank in Kenya infact the leading bank in Kenya.KCB has grown due to its quality customer services,innovated products and advanced technology. KCB is taking a huge step in improving their customer’s lives, this is accomplished when the KCB fraternity embraces the technology.
Benefits in registering for KCB online banking.
The banking comes with many benefits which favour the customers.
Below are some of the benefits experienced by the customer in registering with KCB online banking application;
Ø Easy transfer of money wherever one is with a guaranteed security hence one can carry the process out in the office,home and at any location of their preferences.
Ø It offers a flexibility,hence it is flexible in nature.
Ø It gives one control with his accounts.
Ø One can easily change the pin, check the remaining balance, checking the mini statement by easily using the application hence no regular visit to the bank or the branches.
Ø Qualifying Criteria.
Ø The person must have an account with the KCB bank
Ø The person must be registered for the mobile banking.
Rates and Fee
Ø In order to access the KCB internet no fee is required.
Ø No applicable monthly fee in accessing the services.
Ø The fee is only charged in accordance with the money being transferred.
How to apply and register for the KCB mobile banking, follow the following steps;
Step 1;Visiting the KCB bank near you.
*By visiting one is required to submit his or her details for example the identification card, Kra pin certificate is also required, the date of birth then the person is given an authenticated account.
Step 2; Filling in the KCB online application form.
*One can download the form or can ask it from the service desk in the bank.
Step 3; Submit.
*Once one has completed one is required to submit the form to the bank in order for further review. The person in charge analyses the details given. The bank process the information and finally it is sent back together with the user Id plus four-digit identity number. With this details one is eligible to log in and setting up of the account given.
Setting up the KCB internet Banking.
*When your account has been approved and you have been given a password and pin one proceeds in setting and logging of the account, this is by logging into their official website.
*Then select the name of your country, then bank to the site section for mobile banking.
*After that one keys the password sent in order for the completion of the process.
*In case it is a personal online account one further selects the icon written “ATAN TO BE SENT”
*Then a digit of six letters will be generated and sent to you via SMS then click Enter.
Changing of the KCB online bank password.
Ø This ensures more security on your account hence this are the steps to be followed while carring on the process;
Ø In the menu select the “USER TOOLS”.
Ø Scroll to where written changing of the password.
Ø Follow the set outline that are provided in the resetting of a new password.
Ø Then click the submit icon and later wait for a clarification email or a text and in case in the near future you receive such a text or an email without his or her consent, one should rush immediately and report to the nearest KCB bank for this can be a case of hacking of the account.
Ø Security questions.
Ø This is done in case in the new future one forgets his or her password, and also used in reinforcing of the password set.
Hence with all these information you have no reason on not having an account mobile banking with KCB bank.
With all that in mind lets dig a bit into the KCB bank history….
HISTORY OF KCB BANK.
Ø KCB roots are traced back to 1896,July. It was one of the National Bank in India’s branch way back in Mombasa upon Kenyans independence Kenya gain 60% of the shareholding in Grindlays and National Bank.
Ø In 1970, Kenya government gain full control and renamed it as a commercial Bank of Kenya.
Ø In 2016, the group was registered and it became a non-operating company.
Ø In 2015,KCB had already managed to have over 250[two hundred and fifty] branches all over Kenya, 961[nine hundred and sixty one] ATMs and about 9237[nine thousand two hundred and thirty seven] agents all over past Africa. This has been made possible by the most preferred bank all over Africa. Still in 2015, KCB launch the use of KCB Mpesa, this is a mobile kind of based account.
Ø In 2012 KCB bank was opened in Burundi and through this KCB had completed the regional Eastern African aim of making itself known by almost all the nations.
Ø The vision is to carry out efficiency while still driving the market shares.
Ø Mostly the vision and mission does not oftenly change what comes to change is the strategies.
Ø KCB bank is made of both Micro and Macro environment.
Ø Macro Environment includes;
Ø Rival firms, coop bank, equity, Barclays, product substitute, Mpesa, zap, new entrants such as the Eco Bank.
Ø Micro Environment includes;
Ø Technology, population demographics, general conditions of the economy, legislation together with regulations, societal values together with lifestyles.
Ø These environments affect the bank for example for Micro Environment; it consists of actors close to the company that affect its ability to serve its customers.Macro Environment; consists of the larger societal forces that affect the Micro Environment.
Ø KCB group works together as a group in putting the interests of the interests of the customer first.
Ø Trying to be professionals in all the services they carry out for their community.
Ø Inspiration-willing to cope with change
Ø Simplicity- decisions based on accurate analysis.
Ø Friendliness-working as a team and improve each other.
Ø Promise- chase your dream in the land of possibilities**
Ø Why banks including KCB going Mpesa way.
Ø This method was adopted by many banks after seeing the long queues at the bank, people coming to pay things like; school fees, water bills, electricity and other expenses. This methods congested the banks.
Ø The banks opted to partner with safaricom in order to access the Mpesa functions, like KCB came up with KCB mpesa. On December 2016, KCB released its financial results and it was evident that the KCB Mpesa had played a big role in the banks improvement, this is because the KCB Mpesa also introduced the loans and saving functions.
Different KCB Accounts
The accounts are classified into 4;
· Current account
· Fixed deposit
· Savings account
· Recurring deposit.
· The account is mainly for companies, firms, business persons and public enterprises. The current account has no limit of transactions that can be carried out in a day. There is no accumulating interest on the money saved in the account.
· The money deposited can only be withdrawn once.that is when the date of withdrawing reaches. In the fixed deposit has a very high rate.
· The account is opened mainly for installing or saving purposes. Mostly it is used by students who are in a process of discovering themselves. This account allows the holder of the account to withdraw anytime.
· This account is opened for people who want to save regularly in a duration of time.
· The maximum is about 10 years and a minimum of 6 months
Importance of online banking.
· This can be anytype of banking whether general or even online banking. The banks performs various roles in the country’s economy.
· They solve problems between borrowers and investors by monitoring and ensuring proper use in the depositors’ contributed funds.
· They provide insurance which help in curbing emergency risks in the future.
· The banks contribute and help in the economy’s growth. Due to the regular transactions which come at a fee hence contributed to the economy.
· It also acts a connector in between people requiring money and the ones with extra money.
· Capital formation; the deposited amounts are given out as loans. Throigh this savings are converted into capital formation hence development of the economy.
· Services in business; it ats as a underwriter this can be throigh providing the business people with cheques, bills hence raise capital.
· Usage of currency is reduced; this is becaise the banks enable its customers to make payment of their bills through cheques instead of the liquid money.
· Mobilizes savings; the savings can be deposited in various ways this can be through current accounts, fixed deposit, recurring account, each accompanied with different rates on interest.
· Rural economy; the rural economy is also improved, this is brought up by how the banks lend them farming loans and also artisans loans at a very good rate, with these kind of loans the farmers can be innovative hence encouraged on the agricultural sector, not forgeting that the agricultural sector is the most important sector in our economy, without it the country may die due to starvation.
· Balanced regional growth; banks investigates on the most affected areas hence provide the place with funds at a very reasonablr rate.
· Credit policy growth; this involves on the interest rates applied.
· Foreign trade is facilitated; the banks also bring up the concept of import and export hence it earns the government in foreign revenue.
Advantages of using online banking
· lower fees;the online banking applies a very small fee on the transaction carried unlike in the branches where a huge sum of money is charged just by using their services.
· Convienience; one can access his or her account whenever and wherever provided one has access tobthe internet connection unlike when wanting to transact in banks one has to walk an extra mile in order to access the services.
· Security; the security is guaranteef once you have taken maeasures of securing your line this is by avoiding the public wi-fi and securing it with an anti-virus update software.
Disadvantages of using online banking.
· There is no customer service relation incase of a challenge.
· limited options;online banks do not offer many checking options hence one can be eadily get confused and end up keying in the wrong details in the wrong place.
· Cash is also difficult to deposit,this is because there is no direct means of sending the money into your online account unless the money has been deposited via an agent or the bank itself.
Resetting of the KCB online banking pin.
Incase you have blocked or forgotten your pin, now there is no need of panicing, these is because of the new established innovations brought up by the KCB bank.
There is no need of going to the KCB branch.
The following are the simple steps towards resetting the pin.
· 1.Visit a KCB Bank ATM.
· 2. insert your card
· 3.Enter the pin of your ATM
· 4. select Mobi
· 5.Enter the registered phone number.
· 6.Complete transaction.
After that you are going to receive a pin that you will change with a duration of 48 hours.
Depositing Money to KCB Mobi via Mpesa.
· The KCB's lipa na Mpesa paybill number 522522.
· Go to MPesa and select "lipa na Mpesa" option.
· Select "paybill".
· Enter "business number" and enter 522522 which is the business number and press ok.
· Enter the KCB account number that you will transferring money to and then press "ok".
· Enter amount and press "ok".
· Enter the Mpesa pin then press ok
· Confirm all the details are correct and press ok
· After some few seconds you will receive a notification for verification window from Mpesa.
· The KCB will shortly send you the confirmation sms.
With that in mind we have seen and learned the process of online registration together with its pros and cons..Therefore one must make an accurate decision towards on how he or she should have his or her money secured.