Best Banku and Tilapia Recipe: Step By Step Guide
The famous banku and tilapia dish is referred to as a portion of food for the champions or warriors probably because it's an energy-packed cuisine. Also, it could be because it is used to recharge the body and secondly the famous Ghanaian boxer, Bukom is believed to take this portion of food in his meal every day and you never know maybe this is why he is energetic enough to defeat his opponents. However whichever reason it will inevitably remain one of the irreplaceable traditional Ghanaian meals of all time. The steps below provide steps and guides on how to prepare a yummy Banku and Tilapia meal and also ingredients.
Here are the ingredients required to prepare Banku
Ø Corn dough
Ø Cassava dough
Procedure to prepare Banku
· Wash your hands well before you begin to prepare the meal.
· Mix the corn dough with the cassava dough in a pot.
· Mix and mash the dough to form a smooth paste and make sure that you remove all the fibre pieces and the lumps.
· Using your hands continue mixing until the dough forms a paste-like mixture and wen it gains a smooth consistency add a pinch of salt.
· Place your pot with the mixture on medium heat fire and stir gently using a wooden stirrer.
· Continue stirring gently until the paste begins to thicken.
· The mixture will continue to get thicker and thicker with time such that it begins to gather at the bottom of the wooden stirrer add force as it is getting harder.
· Lower the heat and use a wooden spoon to beat through the mixture for about six minutes and stops in between the beating.
· Create some perforations on the thick mass using the wooden spoon and add water.
· Increase the fire, cover the pot and leave it for around 10-15 minutes to cook thoroughly.
· Check on the mixture to make sure that the water doesn’t dry up completely.
· Repeat the process of kneading until you achieve the smoothness of your choice.
· When it is ready gains take a smaller bowl and use it to shape it into you desired serving shapes and sizes.
Here are the ingredients required to prepare fresh Tilapia
· Fresh tilapia
· rosemary Pepper
· Get the tilapia ready by removing the scales.
· Wash the fish with warm water and salt to get rid of all the slime.
· Cut it open on both sides and well as the belly.
· Create the seasoning by blending the ginger, garlic, onion and pepper.
· Use the blended mixture to dress and rub the entire fish and leave it for 10-15 minutes so that it absorbs the seasoning.
· Grill the seasoned fish
· Turn it side to side to ensure that it gets well grilled.
· As you turn it, be sure to be glazing the fish with some oil to prevent the fish from burning or getting stuck on the grill.
After a few minutes of intermittent glazing and turning the grilled tilapia is ready serve your Banku and Tilapia meal while hot and add pepper sauce if willing and bet me it will be one of the sweetest meals ever.