Are You a Proverbs 31 Woman?
The wife of Noble Character
10. A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies.
11. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value
12. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life
13. She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands.
14. She is like merchant ships bringing her food from a far.
15. She gets up while it is still dark; she provides food for her family and portions for her servant girls.
16. She considers a field and buys it; out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
17. She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks.
18. She sees that her trading is profitable, and her lamp does not go out at night.
19. In her hand she holds the distaff and grasps the spindle with her fingers.
20. She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy.
21. When it snows, she has no fear for her household; for all of them are clothed in scarlet
22. She makes coverings for her bed; she is clothed in fine linen and purple.
23. Her husband is respected at the city gate, where he takes his seat among the elders of the land
24. She makes linen garments and sells them, and supplies the merchants with sashes.
25. She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.
26. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
27. She watches over affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.
28. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her
29. Many women do noble things but she surpasses them all.
30. Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
31. Give her the reward she has earned, and let her words bring her praise at the city gate.
Source: New International Version (NIV) Bible
Are you a woman of noble character? Are your deeds a source of ridicule and shame to your husband and children? Do you eat the bread of idleness doing nothing? Do not forget that an idle mind is a workshop for the devil. A woman of noble character works for her family. She does not sit around idle waiting for things to happen. She wakes up when its dark and goes to work. She is financially stable; she buys land and plants a vineyard. As a woman and a wife do you do the above stated things? If not start now it’s not too late.