8 Reasons Why Kenyan Women Wear Waist Beads
Belly or waist beads have been worn by African women for centuries as indicators of different meanings with some records pointing to their use in the 15th Century; with some being worn hidden perceptibly signaling a lover or visibly as a status sign as recounts writerstake.com below:
They are adorned by Kenyan women and girls around their symbolizing maturity.
2. Intimate Appeal
They act as a seductive ornament by women to entice their men during sexual encounters.
3. Weight Gain and Loss Indicators.
The women and girls who rarely measure their weight use them as indicators of waist weight gain or loss.
4. it’s notable that some African women use them as protection charms.
5. The African pride and heritage is visible for all to see and experience through expression by such pieces of ornaments.
6. There are some women who use them to boost their sexual confidence thus prolonging sexual activities.
7. Obvious from their pull to the human gaze, they’re successfully used as ornaments to enhance the beauty of women’s bodies.