Daniel Ndambuki (Mwalimu Kingangi, Churchill) Profile,Family,Net worth
1. Who is Daniel Ndambuki?
The name Daniel Ndambuki is well known to many. Once mentioned it appears to be heart touching for it is known to not only by the old but also the new generation. His fame has extended beyond the borders. Daniel Ndambuki is a Kenyan born comedian, an artist, humorist, theatre chief and a creator.
He was born in the year 1977, 30th of October
2. WHERE DOES HE COME FROM?
Daniel Ndambuki also known as Churchill was born in the Eastern region of kenya. Though born in Kitui town, He moved to reside in Machakos District some years later. After growing up in Eastern, he moved to the current Kenya capital city, Nairobi.
3. EDUCATION BACKGROUND
Ndambuki joined Mumbuni Boys Highschool in Machakos, Eastern Province. Upon completion of his secondary school education, he secured an offer to join the Chicago University where he would further his studies in Drama. The dream did not come true as he later decided to join the Daystar University.
DANIEL NDAMBUKI CAREER
As mostly known, Churchil is a Kenyan Comedian. He is perceived to be the father of the industry of comedy in Kenya among other celebrities. He is the founder of Churchill show which is widely hosted in Television channels such as NTV. He is an author of plays, on-screen personnel, MC and a media personnel who collaborates with Maina Kageni in Classic 105.
OTHER CAREER SECRETS NOT KNOWN TO MANY
Upon completion of his O level background of education, he joined junior football team of Nyayo Stars. The team was very successful in the ball games. He later left the club upon seen that his dreams would never come true while in the football. His exit from the club was also as a result of embezzlement of club’s money by the management who did not give any coin to the participants of the games.
It was after exit from football that Ndambuki was introduced to the world of Bible by his closest cousin who saw that his talent was not in football and therefore he had no reason to waste his time in it. He later ended up being a pastor, a teacher of Sunday school as well.
Surprisingly, Ndambuki also secured a job in Nairobi’s industrial area where he was cleaning bottles.
It has not yet been revealed who is the wife to Daniel Ndambuki for in the previous he has kept his personal life private.
This has led to tremendous speculation who really stole the Heart of this comedian.
Daniel Ndambuki estimated monthly pay stands at Ksh1.2 million while concerning his net worth, has been placed to be more than Ksh50 million
THE CHURCHIL SHOWS
Daniel Ndambuki aka Churchil hosts a number of shows which include the following;
Churchil show, Churchil raw, ultimate comed-Maisha magic East Reality, Kids festival and the County edition.
THE CHURCHIL SHOW
It’s a show majored in comedy and hosted by one Daniel Ndambuki, mostly known as Churchil. It was first premiered in 2007 on television channels which by then NTV was the preferred.
The show has been performed at Carnivore grounds in the Kenya’s Capital, Nairobi.
There are a number of comedians who take part in the show and are as follows; Alex Mungai, Eddie Butita, Teacher Wanjiku, Owago Onyiro, YY aka Oliver Otieno, Karis, Fred Omondi, Chipukeezy, MC Jessie, Felix Omondi and Eric Omondi.
The show is aired on NTV every Sunday at 8 pm. Initially it was hosted on Thursdays.
The show has been reported to be the most watched show in NTV shows and the East Africa at large.
This is a short Show which takes approximately 30 minutes and has been the subsidiary to the Churchill show. The show is headed by MC Jesse. Most of the contents in the show may or not be aired on Churchil show. Similarly, the Churchil raw has a number of comedians who also perform in the Churchil show. The comedians include; Alex Mungai, Eddie Butita, Teacher Wanjiku, Owago Onyiro,YY aka Oliver Otieno, Karis, Fred Omondi, Chipukeezy, MC Jessie, Felix Omondi and Eric Omondi.
Of late, the Churchil show has seen many citizens criticize it for what many term as lack of enough creativity in the laugh industry. Many who brought the concern into the lime light have argued that the comedians in the show, base their comedy on ethnic jokes. However, the renowned comedy king has not let go of the criticism but replied to those who felt that the show was not worth it by stating that comedy is all about people’s surroundings and that you cannot talk of what you have never seen.
THE COST OF PRODUCTION
The production of a single episode of the Churchil show that is aired on NTV every Sunday from 8pm to 9pm and the Churchil raw that comes every Thursday is estimated to cost Ksh1.5 million. The show is covered by broadcasters. Churchil show has been seen to be the most watched show among the NTV shows with an approximate number of 1.95 viewers every Sunday.
The entry fee for a live show recording at the venue of production, Carnivore is 500 and 1000 for regular and VIP respectively.
Daniel Ndambuki Awards
The Churchill Comedy Brand has grown by leaps and bound and garnered load of awards and honour's including but not limited to:
1. 2015 Bingwa Music Awards (BMA) – Showbiz Personality Of The Year
2. 2014 PRISK Award – for being a founding director
3. 2014 Sanaa Theatre Awards – Best Production Of TV Comedy Recorded Before A Live Audience
4. 2014 Cheka Awards – Best TV Stand-up Comedy Show
5. 2014 Cheka Awards – Male TV Stand-up Comedian
6. 2014 Kalasha Awards – Best TV Comedy
7. 2014 Olx SOMA (Social Media Awards)- overall personality of the year
8. 2014 Olx SOMA (Social Media Awards) -Most influential Media Personality
9. 2014 Transform Kenya Awards -Winner in the Arts & Culture Category
10. 2013 Cheka Awards -Winner Best TV Stand Up Comedy
11. 2013 Cheka Awards -Comedy Mentor Award
12. 2013 Olx SOMA (Social Media Awards) – Winner Facebook Fan page Of the Year
13. 2013 Olx SOMA (Social Media Awards) – Overall Social Media Personality Of The Year
14. 2013 Olx SOMA (Social Media Awards) – Television Show Of The Year
15. 2013 Sanaa Theatre Awards – Best Comedy Kenyan Pig Cat And Dogs – Heartstrings Kenya
16. 2012 Marketing Society Of Kenya Awards – Winner Best Personal Branding Effort
17. 2012 Kalasha Awards – Best TV Entertainment Churchill Live – Cinematic Solutions/ Laugh Industry
18. 2012 UK Kenya Achievers Award For Excellence In Comedy
19. 2011 State Commendation Award -Order Of The Grand Warrior (OGW)
20. 2011 Marketing Society Of Kenya Awards -Best Personal Branding Award
21. 2010 CHAT (Chaguo La Teeniez Awards) Winner Teeniez’ TV Comedy Or Reality Show
22. 2010 CHAT (Chaguo La Teeniez Awards) Winner Teeniez’ Role Model
23. 2009 Kalasha Awards Winner -Best Comedy Program
24. 2009 Kalasha Awards Winner – Best TV Program Overall
25. 2007 Word Of Life Winner Theatre Person Of Year